Friday, December 7, 2007

What?...Ron Paul??? / a short spiel on voting / VIDEO @ end

***ARCHIVED 7/22/08: MYSPACE BLOG***

Honestly, get to know your candidates....don't just vote for Guliani cuz you're a prick...haha or a Republican, or white....or vote for Obama cuz you're a black or a democrat....or a tree huggin hippie....or Hillary because you're a woman....or because she's married to Bill and you thought he was a good president who, like all men, love a little extra head on the side....

no really though, if you truly believe any one of those candidates or any others for that matter, have stands or beliefs or what have you that most closely align with yours when compared with the rest of the candidates, well then congratulations, American, you are most likely voting for them for the right reasons, and what I said above may not apply to you.

those are like the three names I most commonly hear from everyday people's mouths because the most mainstream of all media talk about them 24/7. it was the same in the road to the presidency prior to 2004, 2000, 96, etc..... and most people that say they're going to vote for the media's most beloved candidates either:

1) don't know why and don't care
2) don't know why and when asked about it think of a bullshit reason
3) don't know why and when asked about it realize that they don't know jack and want to do their own research

and my favorite...
4) are completely 100% ignorantly adamant about who they're voting for (and usually don't even know the other candiates names), don't REALLY know what "their" candidiate stands for, but are going to vote for them at all costs, and they are a history major and have 101-canned reasons as to why their candidate is the best, but when properly probed,....well, they get stumped....(hahah can you tell I'm speaking from experience here...)
...Zealots...they're fun to play with

to rap that up, I'm nobody special when it comes to politics...(I'm SOMEBODY special actually, dammit! haha)...but I do pride myself on the fact that I like to properly research (within reason) each candidate, even those I'm put off by from the start (Ron Paul for example, which I'll get into below...), and come up with a decision from there...it would be nice if more people did the same. At least that way, if shit goes well with a president you chose, you can, within yourself, really feel good about your selection and remember why you chose them. If shit hits the fan with that prez, well then you can at least stand by your decision and hope your next decision has a better result for you and your country. There are many other reasons, obviously, but that's all I'll get into for now...

----------------------------------------------------------
anywho...as for the title of this bulletin/blog, Ron Paul is the latest candidate I've been doing some personal research on and, damn I am impressed. Not for any ONE specific reason, but many. Just didn't cross my mind initially as one of the guys I'd consider....

the degree to which his values, ideas, his love for the constitution and his disgust for the lack of respect it receives, align with what I care about and how I feel is uncanny. Take some time and check out his website and read. Now I know a lot of us don't like to read so the link I provded below is a link to a page containing videos from youtube, interviews, ads, articles, etc.

www.RonPaul2008.com

It's short, and it is OBVIOUSLY an AD, but does this video describe you and what it felt like to vote in the last election. I know it JUMPED out at me...

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment