Sunday, July 13, 2003

writer's block

let's see...saturday...wake up at 11, spackle up my area around my windows so I can re-put-up my blinds...let it dry, took shower went to work. It's crazy, in the shower, the things you think about. Like, a million and one thoughts can come to your brain: "dang I don't wanna work", "sucks, why'd I go to sleep so late last night?", "when am I gonna start studying for my retake of my electrical engineering final?", "ouch my back hurts", "where's my life going?", "hmm, that was a good smoothie."...where do they come from? and all while singing. I always seem to sing Carl Thomas at least once a shower, sometimes Jamie Foxx, Usher, Brian McKnight. crazy shit. Other times, I'll just beatbox the whole time. and everytime, a normal shower turns into like 20 minutes. cuz I'll forget I'm taking a shower. haha I sing R&B and think...dang, when am I gonna get me a project trick? not sure why I do it. stress relief? it's fun? boredom? passion? i dunno. ooh ohh! and Musiq Soulchild. he's f&^'n off the hook. why did I just censor myself? im not sure. I usually make it a point to pull out the stops on this LJ shiet and not care. but I didnt just then....eh? i dunno...complete rambling.

pretty crazy just then, I think thats the first time in a long while I actually used this thing for what "diaries/journals" were made for...expressing emotion and thoughts in your head. but anywhoot...to continue..once I got out the shower, went to work. I SOOOOOO didnt wanna be there at all today...it seemed like it would be the longest work day in history. whatevers. on my lunch, called Joel thought maybe we could hit up a club. guess not. another failed attempt. i don't even know why I still try. anywhoot, then I remembered that I could get hooked up today (saturday) at Champs, so I bought two brand new Dodgers and Angels jerseys...both black with the letters outlined in the teams' respective colors. two headbands and two hats...one a brand new hot off the skillet dodger hat, two-tone brown. goes perfect wit my polo or an AB screen I have and various other things. yay. sucks I was gonna get my cripp-alated royal blue chucks but the biggest they had was an 11. you bastards.

after work, nothing of interest to me is going on, so I decide to go home, but talk to Rex and decide to go to his house. we get into it and try to write a song. wow, it seemed so easy at first, but wow, creating a noteworthy heartfelt song is quite difficult. it's funny though, my first instincts--the first thing to flow from my hand onto paper, the first two lines...were pure gold. then junk, lotsa junk. it's funny, when I write flows the same thing happens. I'll end up with a whole page with about, I dunno, 24 lines or so...and only keep like 4 of them. well, at least that says I have taste and not content with just anything, so it's good. Just takes long. oh well. we're gonna pop out a club-banger. ok not really, more like a tear-jerker. teehee.

anywhoot, I went home, came online, slept. today, wake up for church, then go to lunch with the rents, sis, bro-in-law, and their kids. Villa Tepeyac...pretty good Chorizo con Huevo...not the best...but good enough. went to best buy to return some DVD-Rs i never used cuz its just money wasting away. came home, and laced up my white on white weapons so I can use em next time I want to. tilase. very possible rap sessioning tonite at Joel's pad. late

No comments:

Post a Comment